THE DOERS INSTITUTE
In his international best seller, The Purpose Driven Life: What On Earth Am I Here For?, Rick Warren described the critical role Doers play in modern society: “The world needs contribution. We don’t just need communication, compassion, and consideration. We need people of action and a bias for achievement.”
The Doers Institute is an open learning forum that addresses the many challenges facing people who have “a bias for achievement” and the organizations that employ them.
How to guide creative talent toward constructive ends is a key feature of the Institute curriculum. As you scan your organization in search of candidates keep an eye out for those who are known to:
- Motivate those around them by their determination to succeed.
- Operate intuitively with little direction and limited supervision.
- Accept challenging assignments that others cannot or will not do.
- Seek opportunities to grow personally and develop professionally.
- Expand their sphere of influence by sharing information and expertise.
- Reach across departmental boundaries to form alliances and build coalitions.
- Encourage others by their propensity to enjoy what they do and have fun doing it.
Graduates will emerge from the Institute armed with a strategic framework upon which to assess their career options, identify appropriate ways to implement their choices, and forecast the consequences of their actions with greater accuracy.
Attendees will come away from this professionally guided experience with a clearer picture of how their individual success and the sustainability of their sponsoring organization are intertwined.
To learn more about sponsoring a Doers Institute click on contact to indicate your interest.